The Major Group, Inc.
Types of Data We Collect
We collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that enables The Major Group, Inc. to identify or contact you (“Personal Data”) to carry out its business purposes and provide TMG products and services. TMG sites collect this information for a variety of business reasons, including but not limited to, applying for education programs, registering for an TMG event or program, purchasing TMG products or services, or otherwise interacting with the TMG.
The types of Personal Data we collect include, but are not limited to:
- General data (e.g., names, dates of birth, home and business addresses, email addresses, Internet protocol addresses and mobile/landline business/personal telephone numbers that are provided by our potential students and organizations as well as students/customers.
- Professional data (e.g., rank, base and state(s))
- Government-issued identification numbers (e.g., social security numbers, national identification numbers and tax identification numbers), for example from employees and independent contractors, but not from members/students. unless the TMG makes payments to members, such as honoraria or royalties for publishing rights
- Other identification information (e.g., photographs)
- Financial information (e.g., credit and debit card numbers, credit reports, passwords and PIN numbers) for product sales or employment purposes
- Sensitive Personal Data (e.g., racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation and disability data) for diversity or accessibility purposes
TMG may also receives Personal Data from third parties for the TMG’s use in marketing to potential new members.
We collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that does not directly identify you as you interact with our Sites (“Non-Personal Data”). The types of Non-Personal Data we collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Site usage (e.g., browsing history, search terms, number of clicks, referring/exit pages, date/time stamp, time on Site)
- Products and services viewed, including advertisements for such products and services
- Computer type, operating system and platform type
- Internet service provider
- Your industry and business (e.g., company size and location, job functions and seniority levels)
How We Collect Your Data
You directly provide TMG with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or complete an application form for our products and/or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards, online forms, email or text.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
TMG may also receive your data indirectly from third party vendors and/or partners working in conjunction with our product and/or service offering.
How We Use Your Data
In addition to the uses described above, we use your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below, in order to:
- Process your inquiry, order and/or manage your program or service.
- Email or text you with special offers on other products and series we think you might like.
- Identify you when you visit our Sites
- Provide service communications such as program and order confirmations, program registrations and customer service messages
- Provide products, information and services you request or that we think you may be interested in
- Respond to your emails or online requests for products, services, or information
- Deliver and process surveys
- Personalize and improve the usability of the Sites
- Fulfill and/or deliver TMG products and services
- Tailor content, advertising and marketing to you
We use Non-Personal Data to improve the usability of our Sites and for other business reasons. We or other third-party companies also use the Non-Personal Data to provide advertisements and targeted advertisements to you (ads based on the Non-Personal Data). We do not provide Personal Data to third parties with whom we share your Non-Personal Data. Please note that, when you select an advertising link or other link that takes you to sites not operated by the TMGA, you may be subject to the privacy policies of these third-party sites.
TMG would like to send you information about our products and services that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop TMG from contacting you for marketing purposes.
How We Share Your Data
We share your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below:
- Share data with third parties to fulfill service requests and to perform business functions (e.g., the TMG contracts with third parties to provide services on our behalf such as data hosting services; packaging, mailing and delivering services; customer support and consulting services; and event registration services).
- Share data with third parties as required by law or to protect the TMG in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on TMG; (b) protect and defend the TMG’s rights or property; or (c) protect the personal safety of TMG personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances.
- Share data with third parties if TMG and/or its assets (or a portion of its assets) are sold, assigned, transferred, or merged, or if TMG undergoes some other change including a change to its corporate form as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or otherwise; information may be transferred as part of that transaction or change.
How You Can Manage the Processing of Your Data
You can manage your profile and email preferences, including “opting out” of email by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below. If you prefer to receive hard copy mailings only from TMG, you can contact us and request to have your name and address removed from the list we provide to third parties. For California residents, please consult the “California Privacy Rights” section for additional considerations.
Our processing of your data is based upon your consent, contract performance (e.g., your purchase of products or membership sign-up/renewal), legitimate business interest (e.g., direct marketing of goods and services), or compliance with law. You have the right to object to our processing of your data or to restrict our processing of your data. In addition, if you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Your Data Protection Rights
TMG would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request TMG provide copies of your personal data. We may charge a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that TMG correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request TMG to complete information you believe is inaccurate.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that TMG erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that TMG restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to TMG processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that TMG transfer the data we collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the email below.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from or market to children under the age of 13.
How We Protect Personal Data
TMG implements commercially reasonable security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data.
Linking to Other Internet Sites
How You Can Access, Change and Delete Your Personal Data
Cookies and Other Web Devices
Cookies are text files places on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or other similar technology.
- Keeping you signed in, if relevant
- Understanding how you use our website
In the event we determine the occurrence of a data security incident, we will notify you by email, US mail, telephone, or other means as permitted by law.
If you have questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices or if you wish to change, access, or remove your Personal Data, please contact us as indicated below. We will attempt, where practical, to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy related information.
The Major Group, Inc.
16526 W 78th Ste, #175
Eden Prairie, MN 55346
Effective Date: April 29, 2019