The Major Group offers the Dental Assisting Certification Program in partnership with Texas A&M International University and Tyler Junior College.
Our courses are MyCAA Approved for 100% tuition assistance for eligible military spouses. In addition, this course includes a National Certification Exam and is mentor supported.
Our certification program prepares military spouses to work as chair-side dental assistants.
In this program, you will become familiar with all areas of administrative and clinical dental assisting. It will cover the following key areas:
- Introduction to the dental office and history of dentistry and dental assisting
- Legal aspects of dentistry including policies and guidelines
- Introductory oral anatomy, dental operatory, and dental equipment
- Introductory tooth structure including primary and permanent teeth
- The oral cavity and related structures
- Dental hand-pieces, sterilization, and other areas
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for dental assistants in 2016 was $36,940, and employment of dental assistants is projected to grow 18 percent from 2014 to 2024. This growth rate is much faster than average! This means there are going to be plenty of opportunities for trained and certified dental assistants.